We’re eating lots of zucchini these days. Friday night one of my kids asked, “Do we have to have it on pizza!?!” Don’t get me wrong, they like zucchini, but a person can get tired of it after a while.
I’ll admit that three zucchini plants is too much for our family. I give some away, but I still end up eating it every day at some meal. I serve it quite frequently with dinner, and this recipe has become a favorite, especially for my pickiest eater. He now wants me to make it this way all the time. I can’t complain. It is a very simple and tasty way to enjoy zucchini. Feel free to vary the ingredient amounts to taste.
If you are like me and have lots of zucchini to use, or are just looking for new zucchini recipes, Amy at The Finer Things in Life has a list of links. They are not gluten free (though some are naturally gf), but they might inspire you to try a gluten free version.
Zucchini with Walnuts
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut oil, butter, or oil of choice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus halves for garnish
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and slice zucchini. I prefer to make medium to thick slices so the zucchini does not get soft too quickly.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the zucchini. Stir and cook until almost to desired doneness.
- Add the chopped walnuts and garlic, stir, and heat for about another minute until the walnuts hot and fragrant.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with walnut halves.
Courses Side Dish