These zucchini quiche muffins were created one evening when I didn’t feel like making zucchini pizza, but I wanted something similar. I didn’t use any cheese or substitute in these, but you certainly could.
This recipe is easy to experiment with. If it was summertime, I would have used fresh tomatoes. I used chopped turkey bacon, but any chopped cooked meat should work. You could also try different herbs.
I recommend using farm fresh eggs and organic ingredients.
Zucchini Quiche Muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon (or other cooked meat)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Whisk until the yolks and whites are combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Spoon evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set in the center of the muffins.
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then move to a serving plate.