- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour (or try any other whole grain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed (or other herb)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 – 4 Tablespoons coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- Place the shredded zucchini, flour, seasonings, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the eggs to the larger bowl and stir to mix everything.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet using enough to just cover the bottom. Spoon the zucchini mixture into the skillet to form six large cakes (or you could make smaller ones).
- Cook for several minutes on each side, rotating partway through the time to ensure even heating. Check the center of a cake to make sure the egg is cooked. The zucchini should be soft and slightly wet, but not mushy.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/zucchini-cakes/