This warm chicken and potato salad with leeks is an easy way to use leftover cooked chicken. Whisk together the simple dressing or use your favorite bottled dressing. You could also use onion instead of leeks for a stronger flavor and feel free to mix in any ingredients you like.
This is not an exact recipe. Adjust amounts as desired.
Warm Chicken and Potato Salad
- 5 gold potatoes
- 2 - 3 leeks or 1 medium yellow onion
- coconut or other oil
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken, cubed
For the Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 / 3 cup olive oil
- Peel and cook the potatoes, then cut them into large chunks.
- Slice the leeks or chop the onion and saute in coconut oil.
- Heat the leftover chicken in the oven or microwave.
- Place potatoes, leeks, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the contents of the bowl while gently tossing to mix the ingredients.