Who says that smoothies can only be served in a glass? This smoothie recipe is thick enough to eat with a spoon, and using a bowl allows you to add plenty of healthy, delicious, and crunchy toppings. This Triple Berry Smoothie Bowl recipe makes a wonderful breakfast on a lazy summer morning or a refreshing snack on a hot afternoon.
Triple Berry Smoothie Bowl
Yield 2 servings
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Fresh berries
- Coconut flakes
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sliced or chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- A dollop of peanut or almond butter
- In a blender, combine the frozen berries, banana, almond or coconut milk, maple syrup, and protein powder (if using). Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into two wide bowls and add toppings. Serve immediately.