This Tomato Avocado Salad is a delicious way to use summer tomatoes. Combined with avocado as well as onion, lemon, and cilantro, this salad is full of fresh flavor. If you have cilantro aversion, use fresh basil instead (about 1/4 cup).
As I’ve mentioned, I have a CSA subscription this summer and will continue with a fall subscription. So each week I have a number of vegetables that need to be used, and I enjoy finding new ways to cook them or just combining them in various fresh salads.
Enjoy this refreshing, light salad that’s tasty and healthy!
Tomato and Avocado Salad
- 1/2 large red onion
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 4 small to medium avocados
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, and avocados, and place in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the salad for flavor and to keep the avocado fresh and green.
- Add the pepper and chopped cilantro. Mix in the olive oil until all the ingredients are lightly coated. If you need a little more olive oil, feel free to add more.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before eating.