Thumbprint Cookies (Grain Free)
Yield 21 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, coconut oil, or grape seed oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 whole eggs
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine all dry ingredients, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add in liquid ingredients and stir until dough forms a sticky ball. Allow the dough to rest for a minute while you line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon dough into a ball, dipping your hands in water if the dough is too sticky. Place balls on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Make a small indent in the top of each cookie ( I use a small measuring spoon, dipping in water to prevent sticking.)
- Bake 9 -10 minutes at 325°F or until cookie is mostly firm to the touch. They will stay about the same color and will continue to firm after removing from the oven, so be careful not to over bake.
- Spoon your favorite jam or jelly into the cookies while still warm and enjoy!
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/thumbprint-cookies-grain-free/