I am tickled pink to tell you that fellow blogger, Carrie Forbes of Ginger Lemon Girl, has a cookbook coming out next month. As you can tell from the title, it’s a book of gluten-free slow cooker recipes. I love using my slow cooker, and if you do too, or if you would like to use yours more, you are sure to love this book.
A Few Highlights
- The book contains 300+ gluten-free recipes and nearly EVERY recipe can be adapted to be casein/dairy-free if it’s not already listed as dairy-free!
- The book contains about 40% “whole foods” recipes — meaning over 125+ recipes in the book are for naturally gluten-free foods like fresh vegetables, meat, chicken, eggs, rice, potatoes, etc.
- There are also gluten-free “quick food” options using helpful and easy-to-find convenience ingredients such as gluten-free pasta, canned vegetables and fruits, etc.
- There are GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE BAKED GOODS included in this book! YES! You can make homemade gluten-free BREAD AND CAKE in your slow cooker!
- The book contains chapters for kid-friendly foods AND recipes that use 5 Ingredients or Less.
- These recipes were designed to be EASY, SIMPLE, (mostly) HEALTHY, and Delicious recipes for the entire family to enjoy!
This is a well thought out book that begins with information on the gluten-free diet and slow cooker basics. As for the recipes, well, there are a ton of them and so much variety. There is definitely something for everyone. I can see this book being my go-to slow cooker cookbook for years to come.
I made the Ground Beef Ragout last week, and it was a big hit. Doesn’t it look delicious?
A Handful of Recipes
To give you an idea of the kinds of recipes included in the book, here are just a few:
- Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Swedish Meatballs with Gravy
- Fingerling Potatoes with Herb Vinaigrette
- Comforting Chicken and Rice Soup
- Lone Star State Chili
- Easy Italian Spaghetti
- Tamale Pie
- Chicken and Gluten-Free Dumplings
- Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- Meatloaf-Stuffed Green Peppers
- Spiced Apple Cider Turkey
- Simple Tomato Soup
- Cheesy Toast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Yeast/Sandwich Bread
- Creamy Hot Fudge Sauce
- Maple Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Where to Buy the Book
According to Carrie, the best price is on Amazon where it is listed for almost half the cover price. I would love it if you used my affiliate link: The Everything Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Cookbook. The book will be released on October 18th, but you can preorder it now.
Carrie is giving away one copy of her book to one of my lucky readers.
- This giveaway is limited to residents of the 48 contiguous United States aged 18 and older.
- One entry per person.
- Enter by leaving a comment on this post (please do not send an email).
- The giveaway begins September 18, 2012 and ends on September 22, 2012 at 11:00 pm eastern time .
- No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winners will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free electronic copy of the cookbook, but was not paid to write this review. The opinions in this post are my own.
Disclosure: This post contains one or more affiliate links. If you click on a link and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the sale.