Are you tired of the same old meatloaf? Spice it up a bit with this super easy gluten-free taco meatloaf that cooks in the slow cooker. How easy is that?
My family really enjoyed this. I like that it is naturally dairy and grain free (if you use instant potatoes instead of bread crumbs) and dairy ingredients such as cheese and sour cream can be added by those who want it at meal time. I topped mine with additional salsa.
Feel free to adjust the amount of taco seasoning to taste. And the first time you make it, I recommend cooking it while you’re at home. Some slow cookers will have this done in a few hours, even on low. Keep an eye on it because it can dry out. Once you know how long your crock takes, make note for the next time.
- 2 pounds ground beef (can use part ground turkey)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 Tablespoon homemade taco seasoning (or 1 package gluten-free taco seasoning)
- ¾ cup gluten-free bread crumbs or instant potatoes
- sour cream
- Mix together the beef, eggs, salsa, taco seasoning, and bread crumbs or potato flakes. I like to use my stand mixer for quick easy mixing.
- Gather together with your hands and place in a greased slow cooker. Shape into a thick oval with space between the meat and the sides of the crock.
- Cook on low 4 - 6 hours or until the meat is done. Cooking time varies by slow cooker. 3-4 hours on low is plenty for some.
- Serve with the optional toppings if desired.