Sweet & Savory Kabocha Squash
- 1 medium-sized kabocha (pronounced ka-boo-cha) squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the olive oil, tamari, agave or maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, mixing thoroughly. Set aside.
- Using a cleaver or very sharp butcher knife, cut the squash in half through stem. Remove seeds and pith. Take each half, turn so that open side is face down. Using cleaver, cut kabocha squash into half-rings. It helps to sink the cleaver gently into the squash and then rock the cleaver back and forth until it cuts through the squash.
- Place the half-rings of squash onto a baking pan. Brush the top of each ring with the oil mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/sweet-savory-kabocha-squash/