I recently gave you a link for Taste of Home’s Corny Snack Mix. I gave it a try yesterday, and it was a huge hit with my family. This would be a great gluten-free snack to have around for the holidays. I of course substituted gluten-free cereal for the Corn Pops, but I also increased the amount of popcorn. I had plenty of popcorn to use, and I thought the sweetness could be stretched a bit. Here’s my version of the recipe.
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- 15 ounces Enviro Kidz Gorilla Munch (1 1/2 boxes)
- 15 ounces gluten-free corn chips
- 2 bags gluten-free white morsels (12 ounces each)
- Using several large bowls, combine the popcorn, cereal, and chips.
- In a saucepan, heat the white morsels until melted and smooth. I used medium-high heat, stirring almost constantly, and didn't have any scorching. Spoon the melted morsels over the popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to baking pans/dishes and allow to cool.
- Break into chunks and put into serving bowls.