Sweet Potato Casserole from Crunchmaster®
- 2.5 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup finely ground Crunchmaster® Multigrain Crackers
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. In a large stock pot boil potatoes until tender, drain. Return potatoes to stock pot. Mash until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Spray a 2 quart oval baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add potato mixture to dish and spread evenly. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine Crunchmaster® Multigrain Cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/3 cup dark brown sugar. Mix well. Top potato casserole with cracker mixture. Spread mixture evenly covering the entire top of the casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil carefully and bake for 10 more minutes.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/sweet-potato-casserole-crunchmaster/