Some of you are thinking, “I saw this last week,” and you’re right, you did. But besides the fact that some people probably missed it, and didn’t watch Supermarket Superstar, there’s another $50 gift card giveaway this week! (See below.)
Supermarket Superstar is a Lifetime television competition series that will give everyday Americans the chance to prove they have the next great food product consumers will love. The second episode airs today, July 29, at 10/9c on Lifetime.
Each one-hour episode of Supermarket Superstar follows three home chefs as they pitch their product concepts to titans of the food world for the opportunity to have their creation launched nationally in a major grocery chain.
This show sounds interesting to me. Not only is it about food, it’s about people like you and me living the dream of owning their own business.
For years my family has told me I should sell my gluten-free pizza crust. They have always enjoyed it. I remember eating at one restaurant after they started offering a gluten-free pizza. My family took one look at that pathetic thing and said, “Oh mom, yours is so much better than that! You should start a business and sell your pizza.”
So when I was asked to share a recipe that I would enter if I were on Supermarket Superstar, it had to be gluten-free pizza crust. Below is the recipe for a single crust which is a slight adaptation of the larger recipe my family loves.
But first I have a great giveaway for you! Lifetime is giving a $50 American Express gift card to one lucky winner. There was a giveaway last week and again this week. Congratulations to Rachel who won last week! This week’s winner will be randomly chosen from comments that are dated today through Sunday. So if you left a comment last week, you’ll want to leave another comment to be entered for this week’s giveaway.
Enter the giveaway by leaving a comment on this post. You could also tell me what recipe you would make if you were on Supermarket Superstar, share something with us about owning your own business, or let me know what you thought of the show.
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older.
- One entry per person
- The giveaway begins July 29, 2013 and ends on August 4, 2013 at 11:00 pm eastern time.
No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winners will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.
Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe
Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour (you can use white rice flour)
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour (you can use rice flour if you don’t have sorghum)
- 1 1/4 cups tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant or bread machine yeast
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup warm milk 105-115 degrees (or water or almond milk)
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of choice
- Combine the dry ingredients in the bowl of your mixer.
- Add the oil and egg whites and mix on low.
- Add the milk and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Put the dough on the pan and spread out to the edges using your hand covered with a baggie that is sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let the dough rise about 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes. It should be a little golden on top.
- Brush the crust with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes after you take it out of the oven.
Disclaimer: I was paid to write this review. The opinions in this post are my own.