Smoothies are the perfect way to make sure you and your family eat enough vegetables and fruits. This Strawberry Spinach Smoothie includes nut butter for protein and fat, making this great for the morning or an afternoon snack.
Since strawberries are in season right now, I would use fresh in this recipe and add a few ice cubes to make the smoothie colder. But this recipe is also great with frozen strawberries, which is a great way to enjoy them out of season.
Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
Yield 1-2 servings
- 8 ounces almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup of fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- pinch of cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients except the cinnamon in a blender (this one is my favorite) and process until smooth.
- Top with a pinch a cinnamon and serve immediately.
If using fresh strawberries, add a few ice cubes to the blender.