Silvana Nardone has written a new cookbook that is now available, Silvana’s Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Kitchen: Timeless Favorites Transformed (affiliate link). The book contains 125 gluten-free, dairy-free recipes for breakfast, brunch, breads, appetizers, salads, soups, homemade pasta, fake-out takeout, TV dinners, restaurant classics, dessert classics, reinvented baking mixes and reinvented dairy-free favorites.
The cookbook contains large photos of many of the recipes (like the one below). Silvana uses a gluten-free all purpose flour mix and a sandwich loaf bread and pizza mix in her baked goods.
You can learn more about the book by clicking on the image on Amazon (affiliate link) where you can view the table of contents and introductory pages.
Here is a sample recipe from the book for you to enjoy and below that is the giveaway.
photo credit: ©John Kernick
Excerpted from SILVANA’S GLUTEN-FREE AND DAIRY-FREE KITCHEN © 2014 by Silvana Nardone. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Sticky Sesame Salmon with Orange Sauce
My kids are always happy to eat salmon. This recipe is a riff on a dish that we order at our favorite Chinese restaurant in Brooklyn. The sesame seeds coat the surface of the fish, adding a nice nutty crunch. Use the 4 tablespoons sugar if you prefer your sauce on the sweeter side.
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 2–4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili paste, such as sambal oelek, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the fish
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Make the sauce: In a large bowl, stir together the ketchup, orange juice, sugar, chili paste and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Make the fish: Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Place the seeds on a plate and dredge the tops of the fillets in the sesame seeds to coat.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, sesame seed side down, to the pan and sear, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the salmon until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Generously brush with the orange sauce and serve.
Courses Main Dish
This giveaway is now CLOSED
One winner will receive a copy of Silvana’s Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Kitchen: Timeless Favorites Transformed (affiliate link).
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older.
- One entry per person
- Enter by leaving a comment on this post.
- The giveaway begins September 8, 2014 and ends on September 13, 2014 at 11:59 pm eastern time .
No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winner will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free cookbook, but was not paid to write this review. The opinions in this post are my own.