Spicy Western Beans
- 1/3 cup lentils
- 4 strips bacon, fried and diced
- 1 onion, chopped and cooked
- 1 clove garlic, briefly cooked with the onion
- 1 can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- Boil the lentils in 1 1/3 cups water for 20-30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/spicy-western-beans-whats-for-dinner/