I’m working on coming up with a bread recipe that I can make from scratch, that looks good, tastes good, is healthy, and stays soft. This comes pretty close. It is not a very tall loaf and wasn’t very rounded on top. It’s more of a hearty type bread. I saved a piece to in a baggie to keep on the counter overnight and found that it was still soft the next day.
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup brown or white sweet rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 eggs (room temperature, lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3/4 - 1 cup milk (105 - 115 degrees)
For the Bread Machine
- Combine the dry ingredients (sorghum flour through yeast) in a small bowl.
- Put the wet ingredients into the bread pan, then add the dry ingredients on top.
- Set your machine to knead 15 minutes, rise 30 minutes, and bake 55 minutes.