If you’re hosting a Thanksgiving gathering this year, you might be wondering how to get all the food prepared with only one oven. This slow cooker turkey breast is moist and delicious, and it serves about 12 people. Using a slow cooker allows you to keep your oven available for side dishes and dessert.
And if you happen to be hosting a really large gathering where one whole turkey might not be enough, this recipe allows you to easily cook additional meat.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 6 - 7 pound turkey breast, bone in
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves or 1 Tablespoon dry
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the water in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker and place the turkey breast in the crock.
- Rub the olive oil over the outside of the turkey breast.
- Rub the remaining ingredients over the outside of the turkey breast.
- Cover and cook on low 5 - 6 hours or high 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until internal temperature is at least 170° F.