Skillet Zoodles and Veggies
Yield 4 servings
- 2 large zucchini spiralized (about 6-8 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter (or additional oil)
- 1 cup yellow onions, julienned (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 large red pepper, seeds removed and julienned
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- In a large pan over medium high heat, melt butter and heat oil. Add in onions and peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and tomatoes and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until tomatoes soften a little.
- Season with salt and pepper and add in lemon juice (if desired).
- Add zucchini noodles, toss, lower heat to medium, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until zucchini noodles heat up.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/skillet-zoodles-and-veggies/