Skillet Hummus Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup plain hummus (or flavored if you like such as this roasted red pepper hummus)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or other high heat oil
- Cut each chicken breast piece in half (unless they are already small pieces). Pound out the thicker parts so they are the same thickness as the thinner end. This will help it cook faster in the skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spread hummus evenly on one side of half the chicken pieces. Place the chicken hummus side down in the skillet. Spread more hummus on the top sides (the back of a spoon works well.)
- Cook 7 - 8 minutes then gently turn each piece over using a spatula. Cook another 7 - 8 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° F in the center. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
While I love using cast iron, this recipe definitely works best in a non-stick skillet.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/skillet-hummus-crusted-chicken-breasts/