Here is a modified version of the well known seven layer bars recipe. I changed it to six layer bars because I have left out the butterscotch chips. You could, however, use gluten-free white morsels in place of half the chocolate chips. This is a well liked recipe and it’s so easy to make. Traditionally, it has a graham cracker crust. I use sorghum flour and brown sugar in this recipe. You could also try using crushed gluten-free cookies. I use a nut crust in many recipes, but thought I would try something different since there are nuts on top. I think the sorghum worked well, and my family liked it.
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, sorghum flour and brown sugar. Press into the bottom of the pan.
- Drizzle half the sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts on top.
- Drizzle with the remaining condensed milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.