Savory Butternut Squash Casserole
- 1 medium butternut squash, about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds, and cut into small chunks. Steam in a pot on the stove top until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the water and allow the squash to steam dry a few minutes.
- In a glass measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, flour, oil, eggs, and seasonings.
- Place the squash and onion in the bottom of the greased casserole dish. Pour the milk/egg mixture evenly over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/savory-butternut-squash-casserole/