Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 1 recipe gluten-free biscuits
- 1 pound bulk sausage (the kind in a tube, not links or patties)
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (or substitute or sausage fat)
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour (white rice flour might work too)
- 4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the biscuits according to recipe instructions.
- Cook the sausage in a large deep skillet, breaking it up into small chunks. Be sure it is cooked through. Remove the sausage.
- You need about 6 tablespoons fat. You could use the sausage grease (I used turkey sausage which had very little fat), or drain the fat and use butter or a butter substitute. Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Add the sweet rice flour to the melted butter and stir and cook on medium low heat for several minutes.
- Add the milk to the butter and flour very slowly. Start with only 1 –2 tablespoons at a time, mixing it in well before adding more. This will keep the gravy from becoming lumpy.
- After all the milk is added, cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over biscuits.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/sausage-gravy-and-biscuits/