When Crunchmaster sent me this recipe for gluten-free salted caramel apple crisp, I couldn’t resist sharing it with you. It would be a delicious and pretty easy dessert for Thanksgiving or any day.
To make it dairy free, you would need to make some substitutions. I have seen recipes for coconut milk caramel that look great, but I haven’t tried any yet. This recipe makes me want to!
- 1/2 cup Crunchmaster Original Multi-Grain Crisps, crushed
- 4 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 8 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup prepared caramel sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- In a bowl, toss together the apples, 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar, caramel sauce, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Transfer the apple mixture to the baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed Multi-Grain Crisps, gluten-free oats, almond flour, almonds, and the remaining 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix well.
- Cut the remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter into small pieces and add it to the oats mixture. Using your fingers, rub the mixture together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the apples and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, until the apples are tender and the topping is crisp. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you wish.