Rhubarb Coffee Cake (Paleo)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond milk (other milk should work too)
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (1/4 inch chop)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper and sides of the pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, honey, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for about 1 minute until mixed well and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the chopped rhubarb.
- Spread the batter in the cake pan and evenly distribute the topping over the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35 - 40 minutes, until the center is set. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes then transfer the cake to a plate. I invert the cake onto the wire rack (upside down) and then flip it onto a plate.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/rhubarb-coffee-cake-paleo/