Pumpkin Honey Spice Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend*
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease or line with parchment paper 3 cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- On a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, cream together honey and butter.
- Beat in pumpkin and egg (mixture will look curdled, but will smooth out when dry ingredients are added).
- On low speed, mix in dry ingredients until blended; mix in pecans and cranberries.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch between them.
- Bake 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on pan 5 minutes; with spatula, transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies
*Use a store-bought blend or make your own blend by combining equal parts white rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch or cornstarch.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 84 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 1 g
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pumpkin-honey-spice-cookies/