Pumpkin Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup cashew or almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cranberries, flax seeds, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix with a hand mixer the cashew or almond butter, honey, coconut oil, pumpkin, and egg.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until combined and all ingredients are moistened.
- Press the mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of the greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack until cool. Cut into bars.
These bars can be kept a room temperature for a while, but they should be stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pumpkin-breakfast-bars/