Potato Soup with Bacon
Yield 4 - 6
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 medium to large gold potatoes, peeled and cut to bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Cook and chop the bacon.
- In a large pot, sauté the the onion and celery in oil until soft. Add the garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add the milk and broth and heat to boiling.
- Add the potatoes, basil, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook uncovered until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the vinegar.
- Remove 3 cups of the soup and carefully puree on low in a blender. Return to the pot and stir.
- Serve with bacon on top.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/potato-soup-with-bacon/