- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons rice flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- coconut or other oil for frying
- Peel and grate the potatoes or shred with a food processor.
- Place the shredded potatoes in the middle of a large piece of cheese cloth or cotton dish towel. Pull the cheese cloth up around the potatoes, then squeeze while holding it over a bowl. Remove as much liquid as possible.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the potatoes, onion, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of an electric skillet with vegetable oil. Set the temperature to 375°. Allow the oil to get hot.
- Using a large serving spoon, scoop up some potato mixture and gently place it in the skillet. Then use the back of the spoon to flatten it into a pancake. Repeat.
- Cook each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Place the cooked pancakes on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Serve with applesauce and/or sour cream.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/potato-latkes/