Most people love pasta and pizza, and my pizza casserole is a winning combination of the two. The only problem is that I don’t make it during the summer months because I don’t want to turn on the oven to bake a casserole. This slow cooker version solves that problem, and my husband and son gave it a thumbs up.
Of course, you have to cook the pasta on the stove top, just like you do with the original casserole. And because of the pasta and cheese, this is not a slow cooker recipe that you can leave to cook all day. In fact, it only cooks for three hours on low. So this is a good meal to make on the weekend or when you will be home in the afternoon.
Pizza Casserole (Slow Cooker)
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta (I used Tinkyada penne)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or turkey or sausage or a combination)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Saute the ground beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink. Add the spaghetti sauce and stir to combine.
- Place half the cooked pasta in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Top with half the meat sauces, half the pepperoni, and half the cheese.
- Repeat layers, cover, and cook on low for 3 hours.
Courses Main Dish