My mom always loves to serve a jello salad with a holiday meal. I think jello salads are usually sweet enough to be served with dessert, but this one I’ve served with a main meal. Once again, I don’t have a picture to show you, but with the cranberry sauce and raspberry jello, it is a pretty red addition to the menu. It is also naturally gluten free! (Just remember to always check the ingredient list on packages/cans.)
Pineapple Cranberry Salad
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 small packages raspberry jello
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the liquid.
- Add enough water to the liquid to measure 2 cups. Pour into a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add the dry jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add the cranberry sauce and stir until blended.
- Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours until thickened but not set.
- Stir in the pineapple, chopped apple, and chopped walnuts. Pour into a 6 cup mold that is sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Turn the mold onto a serving plate.
I have used a bundt pan in place of a jello mold.
The Bloggy Progressive Dinner continues today with salads at Parenting the Tiniest of Miracles. Stop by for more great recipes.