Pineapple Coconut Muffins
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (vanilla would be fine)
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drain the pineapple over a measuring cup or bowl to reserve the juice. Use a spoon or spatula to squeeze most of the juice out.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, or measuring cup, combine the eggs, lemon extract, and pineapple juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until moistened. Stir in the pineapple and coconut.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pineapple-coconut-muffins/