Pina Colada Smoothie
Yield 2 servings
- 2 cups frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Juice and zest of half a large lime
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ½ cup ice (if using fresh pineapple)
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the ice cubes. Blend on high until smooth.
- If using fresh pineapple, add the ice cubes and blend well. (You don’t need the ice if using frozen pineapple.)
- Pour into two serving glasses. Garnish with additional coconut, lime, and/or pineapple slices and serve immediately.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pina-colada-smoothie/