Paleo Peppermint Bark
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is dairy free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Line a square 8 or 9 inch pan with parchment paper, ensuring that about 2 inches of parchment is hanging from the edges.
- In a microwavable cup or bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 45 - 60 seconds, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Mix in ½ teaspoon peppermint extract and pour into the prepared pan. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes or until hardened.
- Meanwhile, place the jar of coconut butter in pot of simmering water to melt. Once melted (it should be pourable), place one cup of it in a bowl and add the maple syrup and ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract. Mix well.
- Pour over the chilled chocolate layer and spread it well.
- Evenly sprinkle the chopped cranberries over top and chill again for another 15 - 30 minutes.
- Cut or break into pieces and enjoy. Store the leftover in the fridge in a sealed container.
Coconut butter becomes thick once cooled. After mixing the maple syrup and the peppermint extract, if it becomes too thick to pour, add a tablespoon of coconut oil and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds or until it melts and is of a pouring consistency.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/peppermint-bark-paleo/