Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons shortening (I use Spectrum organic shortening)
- Cut 15 full size foil cupcake liners to about half their height.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt. Knead it slightly with your hands until all the sugar is moistened.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave according to package instructions. Or, put them in a microwave safe dish and heat on 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir, and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Put one teaspoon chocolate in each foil liner and tilt the liner so that the chocolate covers the bottom and a little bit of the sides.
- Place them on a plate or in a muffin pan and put them in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Roll 1 1/2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture into a ball and flatten it with your hands. Place it in the bottom of a chocolate lined cupcake liner. It should not touch the edges. Repeat with all 15 liners.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chocolate on top of the peanut butter and spread it with the spoon out to the edges of the liner, letting it fill in around the peanut butter.
- Store in the refrigerator. Eat cold or at room temperature.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/peanut-butter-cups/