The following post and Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables recipe is from Barbara who blogs at The Gluten Free Homestead. Barbara loves to inspire people to cook healthy and delicious gluten-free meals and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Many of her recipes are paleo and low carb. This recipe is a one-pan meal, which makes dinner super easy. Barbara has prepared a free eBook of one-pan meals just for my readers, so be sure to check out how to get your copy below!
Do you have a favorite recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation in your family? They are usually some of the best recipes. Not only are they tasty but they also bring wonderful memories with each bite.
This pan roasted chicken and vegetables dish that I’m sharing with you today was inspired by a recipe that was passed down in my family from my husband’s grandmother. It’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy peppers in the summertime. The chicken is roasted until the meat is tender and the skin is perfectly crispy surrounded by a medley of hearty potatoes and peppers that all cook in the chicken’s juices. I just love the rustic flavors. Best of all, it’s gluten free!
But I think my favorite thing by far about this recipe is the fact that the entire meal is made in a single pan. Yes, that’s right. No need to worry about using a dozen pots and pans or having to make an additional side dish. I have a large family, so when I discovered this cooking method, I thought it was brilliant.
I like to use chicken thighs with the skin when making this dish because the skin keeps the meat moist and flavorful. I can’t wait to hear how you like it, and I hope it will become a new favorite recipe in your house too.
Free One-Pan Meals eBook
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy my eBook One-Pan Meals that has many more easy and delicious gluten-free recipes for you to try using just one pan so you won’t have to spend hours cleaning dishes. Get a free copy here.
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (I used red, green, and yellow for a colorful dish)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil + 1 Tablespoon to drizzle over chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- parsley, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and garlic powder. Toss the potatoes, onions, and peppers with the oil mixture and transfer to a roasting pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Tuck the chicken thighs into the pan with the vegetables. Scatter chopped garlic among the chicken. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place pan in the oven for 40 - 50 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, rotate the pan. When the chicken juices run clear when pierced, your one pan meal is ready to enjoy.