Paleo Pumpkin Bars
- 1 cup almond flour (I use Honeyville brand)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I use Let's Do Organic brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (I use Tropical Traditions brand)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and ginger.
- Add the pumpkin, almond butter, coconut oil, and eggs. Beat with a mixer until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans and flax seeds.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/paleo-pumpkin-bars/