If you enjoy cornbread with a meal but can’t (or choose not to) eat corn, then this Paleo Cornbread is the answer! Made with almond and coconut flours instead of cornmeal, this easy recipe is grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
While the texture and flavor of this cornbread is not exactly the same as you get when using corn, it’s a great substitute. And since the recipe is yeast free (no rise time) and gets spread into a baking dish (no shaping or worrying about a loaf falling), it’s a pretty easy way to make a low-carb bread!
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease it really well.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients – almond and coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, crack 4 eggs. Add the melted coconut oil (or grass-fed butter or ghee), maple syrup (or honey), almond or coconut milk, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix it in. There shouldn’t be any dry spots.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it well. Tap it lightly to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and then slice into 16 squares. Serve warm with butter or jam or any soup or stew.