Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 60 cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, starch, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
- In the bowl of your mixer, thoroughly beat together the sugars, butter, and shortening until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the gluten-free oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I use a cookie scoop), leaving room for the cookies to spread, and bake at 375° F for 8 - 10 minutes or until the cookies are light brown on top. For best results, only place one cookie sheet in the oven at a time.
- Cool for several minutes on the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/