The following is a guest post from Arman of The Big Man’s World.
I first came across Linda’s blog when a friend suggested I link up to her Wednesday link party, Gluten Free Wednesdays. I never started off with sharing exclusively gluten free recipes but through her blog, resources and recipes, I took it upon myself to ensure all my recipes moving forward were gluten free. From feedback from readers, having a gluten free option for my recipes was often requested and as of August 2014, all my recipes are 100% gluten free or provide a tested Gluten Free option.
One of the first recipes I shared through the Gluten Free Wednesday parties were these No-Bake Triple Almond Breakfast Cookies. I am a huge fan of no-bake recipes and have a plethora on my site with more to come! These cookies are so easy to whip up and they use almonds in three ways: almond butter, almond flour and whole almonds. We could technically even say 4 if you use almond milk too!
Thank you so much Linda for letting me guest post on here. Linda’s been such a huge wealth of knowledge and inspiration but most importantly, she has the ability to make me crave meatloaf.
No one has ever had those capabilities.
- ¼ cup almond flour, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (adjust to taste)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ - ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup whole almonds, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- Chocolate chunks
- Dried fruit
- Chopped nuts
- In a small mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt. Add the almond butter and mix well until a crumbly batter is formed.
- Slowly add in almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a firm dough is formed. Add the shredded coconut, half the whole almonds, and any other add-ins as desired.
- Form into palm sized cookies and plate. Add remaining whole almonds on top and refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours to firm up.
Arman is the blogger behind thebigmansworld.com – A healthy recipe and lifestyle blog. He shares healthy recipes, lifestyle and travel recaps. Arman was born and bred in Melbourne, Australia but recently moved to New York! Besides cooking and eating, he loves travelling, watching International films, and weight lifting. He would love to connect with you via his blog or Facebook.