I’m not kinda doing low carb right now; I’m seriously doing it. So even though meatballs are generally considered low carb, I didn’t want to use bread crumbs or my usual instant potato flakes in my meatball recipe.
Of course, pasta is off limits, but that’s what spaghetti squash is for!
This meatball recipe is grain free and uses more beef than my old recipe. We’ve been eating local grass fed beef for a few months now, and I highly recommend it.
Making meatballs can seem like a lot of work, but it’s pretty easy and doesn’t take as much time as you might think. Meatballs are a great way to dress up dinner and please the kids. Like my other meatball recipe, these meatballs are baked, not fried, but you could certainly fry them if you want.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (or gf soy sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients together well. I use my KitchenAid mixer on low.
- Form the meat into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are done in the center.