These paleo Lemon Blueberry Scones are delicious and perfect to go with your morning or afternoon tea (or coffee). They’re made with almond flour, making them lower in carbohydrates than most scones, and they’re sweetened with maple syrup. If you’re like me and love the flavor combination of lemon and blueberries, you will enjoy these scones any day, but they would be great for an Easter or Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch.
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the lemon zest and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mix and add the eggs, maple syrup, and lemon juice and mix well (by hand) until it forms a sticky dough.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten the top of the mounds to form a round shape. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Serve with tea or coffee.
- Fresh blueberries works best for this recipe.
- To reheat, wrap a cold scone in a damp paper towel and microwave for 20 - 45 seconds, depending on the power of the microwave.