A couple of weeks ago I watched this quick and easy meals video at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. I really liked the idea of buying meat in large packs and freezing some along with other ingredients so it’s ready to cook. The options are open to your creativity.
Unfortunately, we can’t just dump in a can of cream of chicken soup, but there are other options.
I gave it a try after buying a big pack of chicken breasts. I used half for dinner one night and the other half I put into a gallon size freezer bag.
- 4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 package gluten-free Italian dressing mix (the kind you add to vinegar & oil)
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Place all ingredients in a gallon size freezer bag. Squeeze out any excess air and freeze.
- When ready to use, break up the contents of the bag so it can be placed in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high 3 - 4 hours.
I served the chicken with Tinkyada penne, spooning some of the sauce over the pasta. With the leftovers, I decided to shred the chicken and mix it in with the sauce which I actually liked better.
I would love to hear your ideas for things that could be added to chicken or beef and then frozen.