Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wash and drain the strawberries then dry each one individually and set it aside to be dipped.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave according to package instructions. Or, put them in a microwave safe dish and heat on 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Grab the top of a strawberry and dip it in the chocolate. Roll it around so that the chocolate covers most of the strawberry.
- Allow the chocolate to drip off, then place it on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with all the strawberries.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about an hour or in the freezer for 5 minutes until the chocolate is hardened.
When the chocolate is very hot, it is thin and less sticks to the strawberries. If the chocolate is too cool, it is more difficult to coat the strawberries and the surface is not as smooth. Start with the chocolate pretty hot, then let it cool down if too much is running off. If it cools too much while dipping, microwave briefly to thin it.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/how-to-make-chocolate-covered/