During a recent cold snap I was in the mood for hot chocolate, but I wanted something a little more substantial. This hot chocolate smoothie combines several of my favorite flavors—chocolate, peanut butter, and banana.
The result is thick, creamy, and delicious. If you use stevia like I did, you don’t have to worry about blowing your diet with this treat. It will warm you and fill you on a cold day.
The recipe is for one serving. Simply increase for the amount of servings you need, and feel free to play around with the ingredients!
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 5 drops liquid stevia or 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 of a banana, sliced
- pinch of salt (if peanut butter is unsalted)
- Whisk together the milk, cocoa, and sweetener in a small saucepan and heat until not quite boiling.
- Transfer to a 2 cup glass measuring cup, if you have a hand blender. Otherwise, transfer to a quart size canning jar that fits the blade of your blender.
- Add the peanut butter, salt, and banana. Process until smooth. Be careful of the hot liquid!
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon. Mixture will thicken as it cools.