The Super Bowl is coming up, and many of you will be looking for gluten-free football food. Chicken wings are typical fare, but premade versions often contain gluten. These honey mustard chicken wings are delicious and easy to make. Plus, making your own chicken wings will save you money.
Remember to read labels when shopping for mustard. Most is gluten free, but I have seen a few specialty mustards that contain gluten.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the wing tips and cut the wings in two pieces at the joint.
- Sprinkle the pieces with salt and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn, and bake 20 minutes more or until done.
- While the chicken is baking, stir together the mustard, honey, lemon juice, and pepper in a large bowl.
- When the chicken is done, use tongs to remove the pieces from the baking sheet and place them in the bowl with the sauce. Stir to evenly coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the baking sheet, basting with remaining sauce, and bake for 5 – 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.