Homemade Energy Bars (Larabar Copycat)
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1 cup dried fruit, chocolate chips, or coconut* (any combination)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or other spice, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other extract (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds. Pinch the mixture to see if it holds together. If not, add a teaspoon of water and process. Pinch again and repeat if necessary until the mixture holds together.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it go up the sides of the pan. Press the fruit and nut mix into the pan firmly and evenly.
- Chill thoroughly, then lift the parchment paper out of the pan. Slice into bars. Store in a cool place.
*If using unsweetened shredded coconut, use a little less because it is so fine that it fills the cup very compactly.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/homemade-energy-bars-larabar-copycat/