Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Yield 8 - 10 servings
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- Zest of 1 large orange
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- A fat pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan and mix well. Over medium heat, stirring frequently, bring to a boil. The cranberries will start to pop at this point.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. You are done when almost all the cranberries have popped, and the sauce is thick.
- Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- The cranberry sauce stays good in the fridge for up to a week and for three months in the freezer. It is perfect for making ahead before a big holiday dinner.
- You can omit the spices if you want a more traditional cranberry sauce.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/homemade-cranberry-sauce/