Homemade Cashew Milk and Creamer
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups filtered water + water for soaking
- pinch salt
- sweetener of choice (sugar, honey, stevia), to taste
- Place the cashews in a pint size or larger jar or bowl. Cover with plenty of water and let soak overnight.
- Rinse and drain the cashews and place them in a blender. Add 4 cups filtered water, salt, and sweetener if desired. You can taste and add more sweetener after it is blended to determine how much you want to use.
- Blend about 45 seconds in a high speed blender (I use the “whole juice” setting). It may take longer in a traditional blender.
- Pour into a covered jar, bottle or pitcher, and store in the refrigerator.
For creamer I use 1 part nuts to 2 parts water and add vanilla extract and additional sweetener.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/homemade-cashew-milk-creamer/