I don’t eat pork very often, but I really enjoy bacon and breakfast sausage. However, I don’t like all the ingredients in processed meats and I like to eat pork that comes from farm raised, grazing pigs.
This homemade breakfast sausage is the perfect solution for me. I can pick up ground pork from my local Mom’s Organic Market and make my own delicious sausage. All it takes is a little seasoning added to the pork. There’s no need for preservatives!
Feel free to adjust the seasoning to taste and try different herbs or use fresh ones.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Form into 8 patties and cook in a skillet until done in the center.